Friday, February 3, 2012

Ceramics (Semester III) Fall 2011

Focus/goals:
1) Finish the 65 pieces required.
(35 isn't bad considering my skill level. That goal was made for the most advanced in the class, who were still hard pressed. I tried everything we were supposed to: mugs with handles, soup bowls, dinner and dessert plates, goblets, and serving bowls.)

2) Finish my set designed with a theme and two unique pieces. (check)

3) Experiment with marbles, texture, copper wire (the green & black on the speckled ivory bowl), and handle shapes.

Pieces Finished: 35











[Yes, I realize those plates look like they have poop smeared on them, and I'm sorry you have to witness it. I made a mistake in color choice. Since, I've smashed one of those plates & the other is a plant pot holder, hiding the poop color. :-)]




Medium: White Clay (premixed), multiple glazes, marbles, copper wire

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff! I really like that second mug, the one with the flattened round handle that goes into the mug.

    I hope I get to do pottery someday!!

    ReplyDelete