Friday, January 27, 2012

Impact 11-08-06


This was started 11-14-04 and picked back up 11-08-06. Sheesh. I'm still not satisfied with it. Really I wish I never added the black & just left it browns & reds. I was mindful of this early on, but, I wanted to make the door look older. I'm finding my way through experimenting with how to go about this whole "art" endeavor. One thing to learn, I guess, is that not every piece can turn out like I imagined & sometimes we make poor choices as an artist.













It may sound like hooey. Though, part of what I was thinking when I started was the idea that a tree, once alive, has one place as being a resource for us. This is why I put the eyes there. Although it has it's place, it's still a sad reality considering the amount of consumerism. Plus, I wanted to practice drawing eyes. I wanted the green to contrast with the reddish browns and the door to look old, like the old style keyhole.


Medium: Colored Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment