Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yin, Yang Variable 12-06-09

Mayhem

"I am free
in all the ways you
are
not."

"I felt like destroying something beautiful."

Let Go!



Pain would be the one word I'd use to describe the inspiration for this picture. No that's not a halo you see. The tip of the penis is a smoking gun. (I need to doctor that part to blend in more.) The palm of my hand has a heart, if that's not apparent too.

Why did I get to the point of drawing this? Unrequited love. The fact that the emotional stake for women usually far outweighs that for men. Anger at the lack of understanding of why something like this has crossed my path and at the people who I gave my heart, only to have it shot down again. Admittedly, I was also being a brat about some people having better luck than others despite their actions.

It, pain, refines artistic expression; that's all I understand. This is still one of my favorite drawings yet.


Medium: Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment